NEW UNIMIG INVERTER WELDER 160 AMP DC TIG ARC MMA with 200 Amp Earth Clamp KUMJRVA160
The VIPER 160 is a new generation, low cost welding machine produced using the latest in IGBT inverter technology. Designed to meet the needs of the price conscious light commercial user without compromising on quality, this machine is as reliable and robust as you would expect a machine bearing the UNIMIG name to be. The DC MMA welding function delivers a smooth and incredibly stable arc allowing easy welding with electrodes producing high quality welds including cast Iron, stainless steel and low hydrogen.
The VIPER 160 is also equipped with Scratch Start DC TIG capability and connection of the 17V TIG torch allows DC TIG welding of steel, stainless steel, bronze and copper. The unique electronic design structure and air channel design in this machine speeds up the heat disapation improving the duty cycle of the machine. The unique air channel design also effectively reduces dust ingestion by the fan, dust build up and absorbtion by the electronic circuits and power device is minimised thereby improving the reliability of the machine.
The VIPER 160 is an exceptional machine for the price and is suitable for a wide range of applications including light fabrication, general jobbing working,along with repair and maintenance applications. The VIPER 160 gives you the best of both worlds – great portability with the power to get the job done. Manufactured in compliance to AS/NZ60974.1.
- Latest IGBT inverter technology
- MMA (stick electrode)
- Hot start (improves electrode starting)
- Arc Force (boosts current to prevent electrode extinguishing)
- Excellent arc stability with all electrodes
- DC Scratch start TIG, basic DC TIG application
- Thermal overload protection
- IP21S rating for environmental/safety protection
- Generator compatible (recommend 8.0KVA minimum)
- Tolerant to variable power supplies
- Fitted with and approved to use domestic 15 amp plug
The VIPER 160 DC MMA/Scratch Start TIG is the perfect entry level machine for the DIY enthusiast. The MMA feature allows for effortless stick welding with superior results for a machine at this price point. It’s also a very capable DC scratch start TIG machine for jobs requiring a TIG finish.
Fitted with a 15 AMP plug as standard the VIPER 160 is a light & powerful inverter. The VIPER 160 can run Electrodes up to 4.0mm*.
*Always refer to the recommended polarity setup as stated on the electrode packaging.
Package Contents: The UNIMIG Viper Arc 160 DC MMA/ Scratch Start TIG is packaged ready to weld and includes:
- 1 x Viper Arc 160 DC MMA/ Scratch Start TIG Power Source
- 1 x 3 metre Arc Welding lead set including tong type electrode holder & 200 Amp earth clamp
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- Part Number: KUMJRVA160
- Primary Input Voltage: 240V 1 Phase
- Rated Input Power KVA: 8.0 KVA
- ieff AMPS: 12.8
- Rated Output: 160A / 26.4V
- Welding Current Range: 20 - 160 Amps
- No Load Voltage: 62.9
- Duty Cycle 40 Deg C - MMA 20% @ 160Amps
- Dimensions (mm): 295 x 135 x 270
- Weight (Kgs): 4.0
At Best Buys Online, we always strive to offer you the lowest shipping prices possible.
On each product page, we provide an online instant shipping quote with multiple options of shipping to your commercial address (for ex: business, farm, workshop) or your house and with or without tailgate.
To learn about our rates, please try our free instant online shipping calculator and you’ll get an immediate response - a shipping quote that is budget-friendly.
PO BOXES : NO parcels above 22kg and/or longer than 1meter can be sent to a PO Box. Signature is required.
This option allows you to pick up your order from our Melbourne warehouse at no added cost.
Bookings are essential. Collection available at U5/25 Jersey Rd, Bayswater, Vic 3153.Once your order has been placed, we will contact to let you know when your order will be available for pickup. (Our operating hours are between 8AM to 5PM Monday to Friday and 9am-3pm on Saturday).